Post Graduate Diploma in
The Post Graduate Diploma in Public Accounting qualification opens door to the Business Graduates and part qualified CA / CMAs to become a qualified professional accountant and get direct membership of two IFAC Member Bodies IFA (UK) and IPA (Australia).
Post Graduate Diploma in Public Accounting is a diploma level professional accounting course. The purpose of this programme is to develop the intellectual and practical skills of the students in the analysis, interpretation, and application of accounting principles. This programme will prepare students to apply accounting principles in practice. The programme provides students with leadership, communication, interpersonal, and ethical skills for supervisory-level positions.
PGD - Public Accounting Course is of six months duration and will be imparted through self-study /classroom / online training programme covering theoretical and practical aspects of accounting. This course consists of 6 (six) papers with a Professional Integrity Module.
- Bachelor degree in Business/Commerce
- Graduate in any discipline with CA/CMA/ACCA Part Qualified
Credit for Prior Learning
- Exemption is avaiable for Part I (PGD in Public Accounting ) papers only
- No exemption is available for Professional Integrity Module
- A candidate shall be declared to have passed the examination only if she/he obtains 50% marks in each paper.
- Exemptions will be granted only if the applicant has prior learning on the same subject areas from their undergraduate and/or post-graduate studies from any recognized university with at least 50% marks in the examination.
Professional Body Membership
- Students who have successfully completed the programme and having completed a minimum of three years' work experience in accountancy or a closely related field will be eligible for membership of the IFA at Associate (AFA) level.
- Associate (AFA) members of IFA (UK) will get the full membership (MIPA) of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA), Australia without any further expenses.
- Paper 1: Financial Accounting
- Paper 2: Management Accounting
- Paper 3: Cost Accounting
- Paper 4: Audit and Assurance
- Paper 5: Business & Commercial Laws
- Paper 6: Economics
Exam Details for each paper: Exam duration: 3 hours Total Marks: 100
Professional Integrity Module