Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation
The Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation qualification enables Graduates and ITPs to become professional tax advisers and get Associate Tax Adviser (ATA) designation from the IFA (UK) and Associate Membership (AIPA) of the IPA (Australia).
Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation is a diploma-level tax qualification. The purpose of this programme is to develop the intellectual and practical skills of the students in the analysis, interpretation, and application of income tax & VAT principles. This programme will prepare students to apply taxation principles in practice. The programme provides students with leadership, communication, interpersonal, and ethical skills for supervisory-level positions.
PGD - Taxation programme is of one-year duration and will be imparted through classroom / online training programme covering theoretical and practical aspects of income tax and VAT.
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- IFA / IPA / ACCA / CIMA members / Part Qualified
- LL.B / ITP
Credit for Prior Learning
- No exemption is available for the Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation Qualification
- A candidate shall be declared to have passed the examination only if she/he obtains 50% marks in each paper.
Professional Body Membership
- Students who have successfully completed the programme will get Associate Tax Adviser (ATA) designation from the IFA (UK) and Associate Membership (AIPA) of the IPA (Australia)
Part I - Post Graduate Diploma in Income Tax Management
- Unit 1: Tax System in Bangladesh
- Unit 2: Personal Taxation
- Unit 3: Business Taxation
- Unit 4: Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) and Advance Income Tax (AIT)
- Unit 5: Tax Assessment and Penalty
- Unit 6: Charge of Income-Tax, Exemptions and Allowances
- Unit 7: Income Tax Appeal, Reference and ADR
- Unit 8: International Taxation and Transfer Pricing
- Unit 1: VAT System in Bangladesh
- Unit 2: VAT Registration and Turnover Tax Enlistment
- Unit 3: Imposition of VAT, Collection and Recovery
- Unit 4: Supplementary Duty and Turnover Tax
- Unit 5: VAT Accounting and Return Filing
- Unit 6: VAT Deduction at Source (VDS) and Advance Tax (AT)
- Unit 7: Audit, Investigation, Offence, Trial and Punishment
- Unit 8: VAT Appeal, Revision and ADR